Wednesday 31 March 2010

Ruiz: I'll shower Haye with punches -- Yahoo! Sports

Eurosport

American challenger John Ruiz claims he will rain down a shower of punches on Britain's David Haye in their WBA heavyweight championship bout at the MEN Arena in Manchester on Saturday.

The 38-year-old Ruiz insists that he will throw at least 50 punches a round as he attempts to win a heavyweight world title for the third time in a 53-fight career.

Ghosts of Manila: The Fateful Blood Feud Between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier"That is the kind of pace I need to set," Ruiz said ahead of his 11th world title fight.

"If I don't set that kind of pace then I might as well pack my bags now and go home.

"That is my game plan, to fight him and stay on him and make sure that he is in for a long one here.

"I'm American. They consider me the last hope, I guess. The last hope to bring a title back home. I am going to rise to that challenge. I love a challenge and I think this is a great opportunity for me.

"I am excited. I feel blessed and honoured to have had a wonderful career and still be in there. I know for sure that I have more to prove, and I think in this fight it is going to show."

Source: uk.eurosport.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment