Wednesday 31 March 2010

I'll KO Kessler and King Arthur -- The Sun

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN, The Sun

The Cobra: My StoryCARL FROCH is looking forward to piling the misery on Arthur Abraham after taking care of Mikkel Kessler.

The Cobra puts his WBC title on the line against Kessler in his second Super Six outing on April 24 in Denmark.

Kessler, still reeling from dropping his WBA crown to Andre Ward, knows another defeat in the super-middlweight tournament will leave him staring into the abyss.

And Froch is confident he will end the Dane's hopes of reaching the semi-finals before taking care of Abraham, who lost his unbeaten record to Andre Dirrell on Saturday night.

The Nottingham puncher said: "I've got another headline fight against Abraham straight after Kessler, so I've got the makings of becoming massive.

"And that's exactly what I want — I want the recognition.

"I fancy doing a number on King Arthur quite easily. No disrespect to him as he's tough, strong and can bang a bit, but he's quite a small man.

"He's a middleweight who's stepped up and as far as I'm concerned he's not really a boxer — he's a fighter and a brawler.

"I've always coped with fighters and brawlers quite easily, so I think I'll knock him out."

Froch expects Kessler to come out with all guns blazing when they collide in Herning next month.

But he believes the Viking Warrior is past his best following his unexpected loss to Ward last November.

The undefeated 32-year-old added: "If he loses, Kessler will still go to his final group stage fight in the Super Six, but he's pretty much in the last chance saloon.

"He's fighting for a world title and has been given a gift horse really, so I think he's going to take the bull by the horns and give it a really, really good go.

"He'll be trying to take the title off me, so it's my job to make sure he doesn't. I'm expecting him to bring his A-game and be quite ferocious.

"But I'll do what I have to do to win. If that means outboxing and sticking my jab in his face, I will do.

"If it means standing in front of him and going toe to toe in a real battle, as everyone knows I can, I will.

"Ideally, I want a fight, I don't want to get hit. I want to keep low and use my boxing skills.

"But if it comes to it later on in the fight, I'll stand in front of him and trade blow for blow."

Froch already has two points on the board following his split decision over Dirrell in October.

The Cobra endured a frustrating night against the American but is determined to silence his remaining critics by knocking out Kessler.

He said: "Regardless of how it goes, I'm going to get the win. I'll be looking for the stoppage because I want the bonus point.

"As far as I'm concerned, three points will secure my place in the semi-finals of the Super Six - and that's very, very important to me.

"I'd like to get Kessler out of there, so I'm predicting a late stoppage."

Source: thesun.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. As usual froch has the big talk but not the walk. It's typical among boxers to predict a KO victory after they know their opponent is coming off a loss, yet froch is forgetting that every boxer fights differently, even he in the eyes of many including me lost to dirrell. At leas Abraham beat dirrell and KOed his sly ass at the later rounds. Why froch didn't make his quite an easy KO prediction over Abraham before Abraham vs dirrell? Why he waited to predict his easy KO only after the fight with dirrell? Ah, I fart on your nose Mr. Frogh.

    ReplyDelete