Thursday 12 November 2009

Pacquiao's warning to Cotto

Sky Sports

Manny Pacquiao has warned Miguel Cotto that he feels stronger than ever ahead of their WBO welterweight showdown.

Pacquiao steps up to the 147lbs limit for the second time at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday, having previously destroyed Oscar De La Hoya in eight one-sided rounds back in December 2008.

The Golden Boy, who had fought as high as middleweight, appeared drained at that weight and was already a fading force - so natural welterweight Cotto is expected to pose a tougher test.

But Pacquiao, who took Ricky Hatton out in two explosive rounds, claims he has the power to go with his lightning hand speed.

Stronger

He said: "I have more than one plan going into this fight. 'Master' Freddie Roach has me well and I am prepared for anything Miguel Cotto has to offer.

"I have studied all his tapes, and I feel like I know him like I know myself. It's going to be a great fight between two great fighters.

"I feel stronger at this weight than I ever have. My punches are harder, my speed is intact. I keep getting warned about Cotto's body attack. Cotto should be worried about my body attack.

"We trained hard, I did my best. And I studied hard for my opponent's style. I'm ready."

Source: skysports.com




Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment