Thursday 12 November 2009

No kidding, Rick wants a return

By HARRY TALBOT, The Sun

WATCHING his little brother succeed is tempting Ricky Hatton into considering a dramatic comeback early next year.

The Hitman, 31, has dropped his first major hint of a return to action.

He admits his feet are starting to get 'itchy' and he is ready to mount a possible assault on a final world title in 2010.

Hatton has not boxed since his crushing two-round KO by Manny Pacquiao back in May.

He has spent the last few months promoting younger brother, Matthew.

Hatton will be at Fenton Manor in Stoke tomorrow to watch Hatton Jnr fight Lovemore N'Dou for the IBO welterweight crown.

And he reckons a triumphant win for his brother may force him to step up his own return to the ring.

He said: "Seeing Matthew being successful has made my feet start tapping a little bit."

"If Matthew wins, it could tempt me into making my comeback."

"Maybe next year we might give it another go. We'll have to wait and see."

Hatton's brother, 28, will be having his first crack at a world title. And Hatton Snr insists a win will match any of the glittering achievements in his own career.

He added: "I've lifted a few world titles and achieved all my main goals beyond my wildest dreams."

"But this will be just as amazing."

"Nobody ever thought Matthew would be fighting for a world title. If he wins, it will equal anything I have ever done."

"Matthew has had so little amateur experience that to get this far is just as much a success story as me."

"He has never been the jealous type but has always yearned for his own shining night."

"Now he has it and it will be a very proud night for the family."

---------------------------------------
Pacquiao's next date is his massive weekend showdown with Miguel Cotto for the WBO welterweight crown, being held at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas.

Defending champion Cotto is the underdog but the Puerto Rican is oozing confidence.

He said: "I am prepared for the speed of Manny. My hand speed is pretty equal to Manny's."

"But can Manny's power equal Miguel Cotto's? I am very calm. Remember, I have been doing this for many years."

Source: thesun.co.uk




Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment