Friday 6 November 2009

Exclusive Interview: Manny Pacquiao (Podcast available)

Brad Cooney, 8CountNews.com

Pound for Pound King Manny Pacquiao returns home to 8CountNews and discusses his big upcoming world title fight against Miguel Cotto. Pacquiao talks about training camp in both the Philippines and Los Angeles. Manny also talks about the recent typhoon that has left so many people suffering, and also touches on his recent appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Check out what else the world's greatest fighter had to say ONLY on 8CountNews.com!

8CN - Manny thanks for joining 8CountNews.

MP - Thanks for inviting me.

8CN - Manny you trained for half of your camp in the PI and the second part in Los Angeles, talk about both places.

MP -Training camp was good. We trained in the Philippines in the high altitude and it was fantastic. We came back to Los Angeles, and everything is ok.

8CN - There was a horrible typhoon over there. Talk about what you have done to help the people that are suffering.

MP - Exactly, there are thousands of people over there that are suffering. I didn't want to be distracted while training over there, and I wanted to be focused on training. But we went to the evacuation center and gave away a lot of food and gave some money to the foundation to help the people.

8CN - Let's talk about the fight against Cotto. You are the challenger for his title, so what do you have to do to win this fight?

MP - It's going to be a good fight. Cotto is a good fighter, he is strong, and he is bigger than me. People believe that it's going to be a good fight. I will do my job and train hard for this fight.

8CN - You did some sparring with Jr Middleweight Shawn Porter. Talk about how that sparring went with him.



MP - Oh yes, Porter is a Jr Middleweight, he is big. He gave me good sparring and helped me a lot for this fight. That's why I am not worried about this training camp, I am ready for this fight.

8CN - Freddie Roach told me that Porter got in a good shot on you, and then in the next round you knocked him down. I am guessing the kid got your attention a little bit.

MP - (Laughs) I was off balance a little bit.

8CN - Recently you were on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Did you have fun doing that?

MP - Oh yes, Jimmy Kimmel was fun. I sang one song, and a lot of the fans came there to see me.

8CN - Back to Cotto, does this fight boil down to speed against power?

MP - Yes, we are focused on speed and power. We are working on different techniques for the last few fight that we had. We have a strategy for this fight, Cotto is a different type of fighter than my last few fights.

8CN - Freddie Roach is predicting a 1st round knockout. I am guessing that you're not going to say that. Do you think a knockout is possible though?

MP - Well I don't want to make a prediction as a fighter. I will do my best to give a good fight, and I want the people to be happy on November 14th. You have to watch the fight.

8CN - Do you have any closing thoughts Manny?

MP - I want to thank all of the people in the Philippines and around the world for you support. This is going to be a great fight on November 14th. Thank you to all of my fans out there.

To listen to the interview, click here

Source: 8CountNews.com



Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment