Thursday 5 November 2009

Big Man v Big Mouth

PAT SHEEHAN, The Sun

NICOLAY VALUEV has warned that David Haye's big mouth will cost him dear in their WBA world heavyweight title clash here on Saturday.
The giant Russian ignored Londoner Haye's taunts until yesterday - when Beast from the East Valuev's calm exterior cracked.

Haye's digs included calling the 23st 7ft 2in colossus the Beast with the Least. But Valuev hit back: "He will go down in history for having the worst manners and the biggest-ever mouth in boxing.

"I have never been upset by Haye's comments. All he has done is motivate me more to beat him on Saturday.

"Haye can talk all he likes. He has a couple of more days to speak but then it will be time to climb into the ring and we'll see what he does.

"He has been saying a lot about what he can do to me, that he can become the first boxer to knock me out.

"But I don't think Haye will be able to follow it up when the fight starts and I certainly don't think he should start making predictions about what he intends to do to me.

"Only God knows what will really happen on Saturday and I am not about to put myself in the same company as God by predicting what round the fight will end in - except to say that I will win.

"In Russia, there is a price for everything we talk about - that is how we have to act.

"Haye can go into the ring and he will have to prove what he has said before and I will show him what I can do.

"If Haye is talking about destroying me and things like that he has to prove his words in the ring."



Haye refused to apologise for his taunts but admitted: "I know Valuev sees me as this mouthy little man from England who has no chance.

"Well, we will see. Some people think I am being rude and disrespectful but I always speak my mind and to be frank what I say will be the least of my worries when I step through the ropes."

Puerto Rican Luis Pabo is referee. He has handled several Valuev fights already, including his only defeat against Ruslan Chagaev.

Haye's trainer Adam Booth insists he is not bothered about a home-town decision.

He said: "I wouldn't worry if Valuev's mother was referee because this bout will not be going to points.

"As Marvin Hagler once said when he held his gloved fists in the air: 'On the left is K and on the right is 0 and as long as the referee can count up to 10 that is all that matters'."

Source: thesun.co.uk



Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment