Wednesday 21 April 2010

Tszyu hints at boxing return -- FightNews

By Craig Watt, FightNews.com

Kostya Tszyu vs Ricky Hatton 2005 11x17 Mini MOVIE POSTERFormer undisputed Jr-welterweight champion Kostya Tszyu was a special guest on the Long Lunch today in Australia on Fox Sports News. During a twenty minute interview he hinted that he may be enticed into a ring return – if the right opportunity came along. He stated, “I have not officially retired – even after the loss to Ricky Hatton I have never stated that I am retired from the sport completely. I have not ruled out a return to the boxing ring but the opportunity would have to be right. It would have to be something big. It would take me about six months to get myself back into shape to compete again so it would have to be something different. A fight against big named boxers would be the only thing that would excite me to push my body into the pain. Let’s look at this weekend’s boxing fight between Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosely – that would be a good challenge for me to fight the winner. Also Manny Pacquiao is the best fighter in the world and he is in my division. You never know what can happen in boxing but it is these types of fights that could entice me back to the boxing ring.” Tszyu has not fought since his 11th round retirement to Ricky Hatton in Manchester in 2006 and has spent recent years developing boxing gyms for young fighters in his native Russia.

Source: fightnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment