Thursday 29 April 2010

Mosley sees faults in Floyd -- Sky Sports

Sky Sports

Shane Mosley believes Floyd Mayweather is started to deteriorate, and he intends to take advantage on Saturday night.

Sugar Shane has been calling out Mayweather for years and even crashed an interview in the immediate aftermath of Floyd Jnr's comeback win against Juan Manuel Marquez last year.

And after Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquaio failed to materialise, Mosley got his wish and one of the most anticipated match-ups in recent years takes place at the MGM Grand this weekend.

Mosley may be the older man by five years but he says it is Mayweather who is the one on the decline.

"He brings a lot of mouth and we'll see what this mouth is about," he said. "He had to fight somebody if he wanted to be considered the best. It's not really what Floyd says or believes; it's about what I believe.

"I see where he has slipped and I see some things where his body is beginning to go. But he doesn't see that.

"He has great defence. He's a great fighter. That's why we are looking at each other May 1. I am happy he accepted this challenge."

Mosley, the bigger puncher of the two, says he'll be looking as ever for a knockout when he climbs into the ring on Saturday night, but believes he has the versatility to handle the sport's slickest boxer.

"I can box too," he said. "I have boxed guys I was supposed to punch out. This is what makes me Sugar Shane. Being able to box, being able to slip and slide, being able to do everything.

"Every time I fight, I'm looking to knock the guy out. I don't think I am going to spend the whole fight trying to outbox him. I am going to do everything Sugar Shane is supposed to do."

Source: skysports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment