Wednesday 28 April 2010

Mayweather: I'm the best -- Sky Sports

Sky Sports

Floyd Mayweather Jnr is stepping up the rhetoric in the week before his fight with WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley.

Mayweather, who will take his 40-0 undefeated record into the ring at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in the early hours of Sunday morning, insists he does not get the respect his achievements deserve.

SILVER STAR MANNY PACQUIAO "RISING SUN" WHITE SHIRT LARGENow 33, the five-weight champion insists he is still the best in the world and refuses to accept the recent decision of the Boxing Writers Association, who voted Manny Pacquiao as Fighter of the Decade.

"I don't care what fighter you're going to name, I'm the best," he said. "Throw a name at me and I'll break his stats down. Whatever they've done I've done it quicker, with no [losses].

"The ultimate goal in boxing right now is to find a fighter that can beat Floyd Mayweather. And it's not going to happen."

Mayweather was close to signing a fight with Pacquao earlier this year, but the Filipino refused to yield to the American's demand for random blood testing within three weeks of the bout.

"How'd he get fighter of the decade and he got outboxed by Erik Morales and had two knock-down, drag-out fights with Juan Manuel Marquez? I just don't get it," he added.

"All I did was constantly beat whoever they put in front of me. I'm never going to get my just due. All these fighters they put in front of me, they've all been cake walks for me."

Source: skysports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment