Wednesday 14 April 2010

Danny Green roars on to defeat Manny Siaca -- Herald Sun

HeraldSun.com.au

DANNY Green has retained his IBO cruiserweight world title with a round three knockout of Puerto Rican Manny Siaca at Challenge Stadium in Perth on Wednesday night.

Green started the opening round strongly, landing some meaningful blows and continued in a similar fashion in the second, when he knocked Siaca down with a powerful right hook.

The 34-year-old stayed on one knee for several seconds and after getting to his feet, weathered a late flurry from Green before being saved by the bell.

But he couldn't keep out the West Australian's flurry of punches in the third round after being trapped in the corner.

Siaca wore three more right hooks from Green before hitting the deck once again with less than a minute remaining in the round.

Once again he stayed down for several seconds in a bid to regain his composure but was counted out by the referee.

Green has now defeated Anthony van Niekerk, Julio Cesar Dominguez, Roy Jones Jr and Siaca since coming out of retirement early last year.

It improved Green's record to 29 wins from 32 bouts, with 26 knockouts.

Siaca's win-loss record slipped to 22-7.

"I hit him early," Green said.

"He took about 20 or 30 uppercuts and he felt the power and was intimated by it.

"He didn't want to know about it.

"I'm stoked, I'm rapt.

"All I can do is defeat who's in front of me. Whoever feels my power is going to go.

"I'm frustrated because I wanted to go 12 rounds to punish Manny.

"I would have loved to have given you guys a better show but unfortunately when you have power like that you can't (make it last longer).

"It feels fantastic, I'm stoked."

It was just Siaca's seventh fight since defeating Anthony Mundine in 2004 to snare the WBA World super middleweight title.

Siaca complained several times about being hit on the top of the head but it fell on deaf ears.

Source: heraldsun.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment