Tuesday 23 March 2010

Ricky Hatton: I will decide when I retire -- Mirror

By David Anderson, Mirror.co.uk

Ricky Hatton claims he will decide when it is time to hang up his gloves.

The Hitman confessed during a drunken stag trip to Tenerife recently that he doubted if he would ever fight again.

However he has now backtracked on his drink-fuelled admission and says he has no plans to announce his retirement.

"There has been a lot of hearsay in recent weeks regarding my retirement, but I urge my loyal fans to ignore the speculation," said Hatton, who has not fought since being sparked out inside two rounds by Manny Pacquiao 10 months ago.

"If, and when, I do eventually decide to retire, the announcement will be made by myself. I feel I have earned the right to do it myself."

Despite Hatton's comments, the speculation over his future will carry on and any comeback has been shelved until the autumn at the earliest because of problems finding a TV date, opponent and venue.

Hatton, 31, who is believed to be four stone over his 10-stone fighting weight, claims he is back in his Hyde gym ticking over.

"I have been spending some time in the gym this week and I think I gave some members of the gym a shock running next to them on the running machines," he said.

"I also partook in a spinning class, which is much harder than I thought."

Source: mirror.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment