Tuesday 23 March 2010

Coke, Pepsi, Mayweather, Jr. and cancel the clam dip at Manny's house -- The Examiner

By Matt Stolow, Examiner.com

DALLAS, TEXAS - Hopefully this is the first and only story on this blood/urine testing crapola you will get from me. Which I'm sure will make many of my readers ecstatic.

If I understand it correctly, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. asked Shane Mosley to agree to additional stricter testing to make their fight on May 1st. Mosley agreed.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) said yesterday that, basically, that's fine, but we'll do our own testing, but they can deliver their results to us if they want.

What if the NSAC and the rogue Mayweather tests say different things?

If Nevada says the boys are fine, "Let's fight," but the Mayweather tests say "No," somethings not kosher, than what do we do? What do they do? What does anyone do?

I know after wetting his pants from the laughter that Bob Arum will call Manny Pacquiao in The Philippines, who will immediately call his local cable company and cancel his order of the May 1st fight. Hey, it's $60 and a lot of clam dip.

Exactly like the day around 25 years ago that Pepsi-Cola gave all its employees worldwide the day off when rival Coke suddenly announced it was changing its 100 -year-old formula from the original Coke to the new, sweeter, hipper "New Coke."

If the situation occurred, I believe Arum, Pacquiao, and his worldwide fans would be entitled to do something good for themselves and spare no expense because they would have beaten, embarrassed and humiliated Team Mayweather and arch-rival Golden Boy Promotions and all their little people in between at their own game.

Other than actually beating Mayweather, Jr. in the ring, this would be the purest satisfaction and sweetest victory I could imagine.

If you can think of any way that Arum and Pacquiao can rub it further in the nose of Mayweather, Jr. and Golden Boy Promotions, please let me know and I'll report my findings. Please keep it clean!

Otherwise, I'm done writing about blood/urine testing.

Source: examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment