Tuesday 30 March 2010

David Tua fighting fit for Friday -- Stuff

By DUNCAN JOHNSTONE, Stuff.co.nz

A fit looking David Tua has delivered the right weight for his fight with Friday Ahunanya and says he's willing to die for his cause when they square off tomorrow night.

The Waterfront, Sky City Tower and the City Centre Skyline, Auckland, North Island, New Zealand Photographic Poster Print by Robert Francis, 9x12
Tua tipped the scales at 108.7kg and Ahunanya was at 104.1kg when the two heavyweights attended the official weigh in at Auckland's Sky City today.

Tua, who had shed so much weight for his previous fight against Shane Cameron looked even more toned today although he was around 1kg heavier.

He declared delight with his weight and appears to be in a very good mindset for this important occasion.

"I feel good and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night," Tua said. "I'm willing to die for what is about to take place."

Tua said he would spend the next 24 hours relaxing at home.

"I'll keep on watering my vege garden," he laughed.

Ahunanya, with a height advantage, also looked fit and delivered a body that lived up to his belief that he had trained harder than he ever had.

He said this was a defining fight for him.

"It's a make or break fight. This is huge. I'm putting everything on the line here," he said.

Ahunanya said he was prepared for anything that Tua would throw at him.

"I know he is a real powerful dude and that he comes in strong. I know he is a good finisher if he gets you in trouble. But I've done my homework and I will stick to my strategy."

Source: stuff.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment