Friday 12 March 2010

Alfonso Gomez looking sharp -- Eastside Boxing

Eastside Boxing

Welterweight contender Alfonso Gomez (21-4-2, 10KOs) will face two-time lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo (60-9-1, 52KOs) on the Pacquiao vs. Clottey “The Event” undercard this Saturday March 13th at the Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, TX which will be shown live on HBO PPV and is being promoted by Top Rank. Gomez finished preparations for his showdown and spoke about his upcoming fight with Castillo.

“A win over a veteran fighter like Castillo will add to my resume and I think it’ll get me closer to the number one ranking which is what I’m looking for, every fighter looks for a world title and a win this Saturday will get me one or two fights closer to it” said Gomez. “It’s a great opportunity for me and I’m ready physically and mentally for this fight and the conditioning is great.”

“I want to encourage all the fans to watch the pay-per-view because this is going to be a great fight. Also, I want to tell my fans that if they want to visit me on my website, www.alfonsosgomez.com, I constantly go in there and update the fans about what’s going on in my life.”

In his last outing, Gomez won a 6th round technical decision over Jesus Soto Karass (24-4-3, 16KOs) on the Pacquiao vs Cotto undercard.

Remaining Tickets to Pacquiao vs Clottey “The Event” are priced at $700, $500, $300, $200, $100, and $50, can be purchased at the Cowboys Stadium box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000.

Source: eastsideboxing.com

***




No comments:

Post a Comment