Saturday 27 February 2010

Roy Jones Jr. Blog 2/27 -- 8CountNews

By Roy Jones Jr., 8CountNews.com

This week has been amazing for me. Things just seemed to pull together in a way I canʼt explain. I can tell you this, I feel great and Iʼm smiling ear to ear looking forward to this rematch because itʼs going to be a very, VERY aggressive night! Yʼall know by now I love different inspirational thoughts and quotes and seeing how they might relate to what I do and who I am. Iʼm either reading them or somebodyʼs passing them on to me. Hereʼs one that sums up my current state perfectly: Pablo Picasso said, “It takes a long time to become young.” Yep. Pic-ass-o. And I feel for the first time I havefinally reached a point where the young fighter in me has merged with the wiser more experienced man to become the most well rounded, dangerous fighter Iʼve ever been. Thatʼs exactly what Iʼve been feeling all week!

My training and fight preparations have a different feel to them this time. And people notice it too! Iʼm surrounding myself with people who have that same vibe, all positive, victorious people. This afternoon, after weʼre both done working out Iʼm going to talk to Manny Pacquiao about one of my favorite subjects. Nope! Not boxing. Ha ha, not that either. Alright enough of that for now. Weʼll come back to that.

You all know how much fun I had being “Capt. Hook” for the Hook Citycard, right? Well I also had fun unloading the hooks on Jeff Lacy and that whole theme really inspired me to let loose. This time Bernard Hopkins is gonna meet The Terminator. Yep, the “Old Executioner” gets to go toe to toe with me as The Terminator. I plan to have alot of fun with this one too. You will be entertained! Now I said itʼs going tobe an aggressive night because I plan to have fun, and that means staying busy doing what Roy Jones, Jr does! Donʼt blink! See when I take myself too seriously I lose myself in that, everything comes off forced. But Iʼm like lightning when Iʼm actually enJOYing the fight and the fans. So hereʼs the plan: Iʼma Terminate the Executioner since Iʼm his only “real” loss, and give the fans an thrilling night they wonʼt forget! Youʼre gonna love the music too.

I have something in the works.However, the real question IS....if Hopkins loses AGAIN, and he WILL,what should he have to do? Iʼve had some people say he should have to take off that “Executioner” mask forever and hand it over to me in the ring. Then heʼll have to come up with a new character to play from that moment on. Not bad, but Iʼd like to know your ideas. Send them to my mail bag and let me hear whatcha got to say about it.

Peace.

Source: 8countnews.com

***




No comments:

Post a Comment