Tuesday 29 December 2009

Mayweather keen on Magic? -- Sky Sports

Sky Sports

Matthew Hatton could be in line to fight Floyd Mayweather as doubts continue about the American's planned showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

Pretty Boy had been set to fight Pac-Man on March 13 but negotiations have hit a stumbling block due to a row over blood testing.

The disagreement has led to Golden Boy Promotions and Team Mayweather looking at possible alternative opponents - with Hatton emerging as one option.

The Mancunian admits he wouldn't hesitate to sign up for the fight, giving him the chance to avenge the defeat suffered by his older brother Ricky in 2007.

Surprising

"It was very surprising to be linked with him," Hatton told the Manchester Evening News.

"I was at a friend's party when Gareth Williams from my promotional company phoned and said that Golden Boy Promotions wanted to know if I'd be interested in fighting Floyd.

"I asked him if he was being serious but Floyd's very keen on fighting in England and they asked if I'd be up for it.

"I didn't have to think about it for one second. I think it's unlikely but if the Pacquiao fight doesn't come off I'm at the top of their list of opponents."

Another possible option for Hatton is a rematch with Lovemore N'Dou after the pair fought out a highly-contested draw in Stoke back in November.

The 28-year-old was far from happy with the decision by the judges as he missed out on claiming the IBO welterweight title.

"Ideally I'd like to fight him again because no matter what the judges say, I know I beat him on the night," Hatton added.

"I know I said I wouldn't travel to South Africa or Australia because I wouldn't get the decision but I know I've got the beating of him."

Source: skysports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment