Wednesday 4 November 2009

I'll walk the walk, says Haye

Sky Sports

David Haye says he will prove he is more than a 'mouthy little Englishman' against Nikolay Valuev.

The Londoner has vowed to back up his taunts when he takes on the seven-foot WBA heavyweight champion in Nuremberg on Saturday night.

Haye has upset the Russian and his camp with his pre-fight taunts and was at it again at the head-to-head press conference at the Maritim Hotel, claiming the champion has fought nothing but fighters past their best.

Valuev's camp responded by claiming they would "shut his dirty mouth up", but the Brit remained unbowed and says he will back up those words when it really matters.



"He hasn't fought anyone of my calibre; he's never fought anyone in their prime or someone so fired up," he said.

"I'm not one of these guys he's used to fighting. I'm not over-the-hill, I'm not tainted, I'm not past my sell-by-date. I am fresh, I am ready.

"Training has gone great and I am gonna make him look silly on Saturday night. I am going to embarrass him, knock him out."

"He's never fought anyone as fast or who punches as hard as me, or as accurate. I know he feels I'm a little mouthy man from England, but he's gonna be in for a rude awakening when that bell goes."

Promises
Valuev, flanked by his trainer and representatives from Sauerland and Don King Promotions and speaking through a translator remained unruffled.

Haye's jibes are nothing new to a man who has had 52 fights, eight of them for the WBA title, and he says he will prove that talk is cheap come Saturday.

And he urged the Londoner to carry on making promises in the final countdown to fight night, insisting they have not bothered him one bit.

"It's nothing unusual, I've had it in most of my fights, it's not unusual to hear someone will knock me out," he said.

"To say something before the fight is easy, but you have to prove and show it in the ring.

"On Saturday we will see what you can show us. You've still got a few more days to tell us what you intend to do, but we will see on Saturday what will happen."

Source: skysports.com



Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment