Thursday 8 October 2009

Your favorite boxing writer’s favorite boxers (Part 2)

By BoxingNewsWorld.blogspot.com

Want to know who’s the favorite all-time boxers and favorite active boxer of your favorite boxing writer? If you do, check this out:

Frank Lotierzo

“(My) favorite active fighter (is) Bernard Hopkins. (My) favorite all-time fighter is Muhammad Ali.”



Muhammad Ali

***
Frank Lotierzo has been considered by some boxing insiders to be one of the sport’s best fight analysts. His work has appeared in Fight Game, Boxing-Illustrated, and Uppercut magazine. Prior to his career as a writer, Mr. Lotierzo hosted Toe-To-Toe on ESPN Radio and trained at Joe Frazier's Gym in Philadelphia under the tutelage of the legendary George Benton. Between 1977-1982, he had over 50 fights as an amateur and pro in the middleweight division.
***

Raymundo Dioses

“My current favorite boxer is Chad Dawson. I adamantly watched all his fights when he was rising up in his division, and every time out he looked as sharp as a razor. I had the privilege to cover his first bout against Antonio Tarver, and it was like watching poetry in motion in the squared circle. Dawson is definitely the best light heavyweight in the world and also a top ten pound for pound boxer.”

“My favorite boxer of all time is Muhammad Ali. I became entranced with his story when I was really young, checking out books from the library that told of his epic fights that sounded more like theatre than fighting. His life seemed like a movie to me, and I started watching all of his fights on ESPN Classic. He transcended the sport and is not only my favorite boxer, but also my favorite athlete.”

***
Raymundo Dioses writes for 411mania.com.
***

Ali Shakoor

“(My) favorite active boxer is Manny (Pacquiao).”

“(My) favorite boxer of all time (is)Muhammad Ali. (Ali had) amazing skill and toughness inside and out of the ring. (He) risked his career and freedom for his beliefs. No heavyweight (boxer) before or since has matched his gifts (hand-speed, legs, chin) inside the ring. No boxer has matched his cultural relevance.”

***
Ali Shakoor writes for 411mania.com.
***

Geoff Poundes

“(My) favorite active boxer (is) Floyd (Mayweather Jr). (I) don't like him as a person, but as a fighter (he’s) genius.”

“(My) favorite (boxer of) all time has to be Ali. I grew up with him, and he transcended not only boxing, but sports itself, and did so with amazing grace and humor. Up until '71 when he lost to Frazier he was an unbeatable heavyweight machine, and they took his best years away from him.”

***
Geoff “The Professor” Poundes is RingsideReport.com’s Lead Writer in England. He is a member of The Sports Journalists’ Association of Great Britain, The International Sports Press Association, and Boxing Writers Association of America.
***

Ronan Keenan

“Among my favorite (boxers) of all time are Evander Holyfield, Larry Holmes and Oscar De La Hoya.”

***
Ronan Keenan writes for TheSweetScience.com
***

Gabriel Montoya

“My favorite active boxer right now is in jail. So I guess that makes him not active until he gets out in June. James Kirkland is a fighter I have followed for years. I like his chaotic style, his total aggression, and the way he overwhelms his opponents with sheer volume and pressure.”

"My favorite (boxer) of all-time is Felix Trinidad. I loved his mixture of one punch knockout power and vulnerable chin. He truly enjoyed fighting and his fans and it always showed through in his work.”

***
Gabriel Montoya writes for MaxBoxing.com.
***

Jim Amato

“My favorite fighter today would be Glen Johnson. He may not be the best but he is a warrior. Also Kelly Pavlik. I've met Kelly a few times. (He is) a real hard working and dedicated champion. He may have his hands full with Paul Williams.”

“My all time favorite is Roberto Duran. He is the best lightweight of my lifetime (1954 to present).”

***
Jim Amato writes for his own boxing site BoxingGreats.Multiply.com.
***

Chris Ackerman

“Juan Manuel Marquez, Cotto, Pac and Andre Berto (are my favorite active boxers)...but this is a list that could go on and on. I am one of the few that likes the Klitschkos, too. Toss RJJ in there for nostalgia. I'm thinkin' Jorge Linares is going places as well.”

“All-time...Marvin Hagler, RJJ, Sanchez...Tyson...too hard to nail it down to one.”

***
Chris Ackerman is a contributing writer for DoghouseBoxing.com.
***

Springs Toledo

“My favorite active boxer is Manny Pacquiao. He would do well in any era. Freddie Roach, his trainer, learned at the feet of Eddie Futch who is arguably the greatest trainer/strategist in the history of the sport (although I think Ray Arcel is way up there too). Roach has formed Pacquiao into something ferocious. In fact, Manny's ferocity is grounded in skill and athleticism although his courage is something special as well. If he keeps up his current level of performance, he will be inching toward that mythical list of top ten fighters of all time, by my estimation.”

“(My) favorite fighter of all time is Roberto Duran.”



Roberto Duran


***
Springs Toledo writes for TheSweetScience.com
***

Charles White

“My favorite active boxer and favorite boxer of all time...boy those are some tough questions....currently, I would have to say that my favorite active boxer is...well it seems to vary depending on a few factors, but right now probably Hasim Rahman or Evander Holyfield.”

“And my favorite boxer of all time...a tossup between Riddick Bowe and Larry Holmes.”

***
Charles White writes for EastSideBoxing.com
***

Marshall N. B.
Boxing Fan

Related Articles:

Your favorite boxing writer’s favorite boxers (Part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment