Wednesday 1 June 2011

Khan set to step in the ring with Zab Judah as deal is struck to fight in Vegas -- Daily Mail

By Jeff Powell, DailyMail.co.uk

Amir Khan’s search for an opponent for his big summer fight in America will bring him into a world light-welterweight championship unification fight with the controversial Zab Judah.

Britain’s former Olympic silver medallist and WBA titleholder will meet the once rebellious but now God-fearing IBF champion Judah in Las Vegas on July 23.

Khan told The Sun: 'Judah has done a lot of bad mouthing but we will see what he has to offer when he steps into the ring. Once I have beaten him I will go after the other belts.'

Bugler's Dream and Olympic Fanfare MedleyThis replaces the proposed, alternative title unifier with Tim Bradley, who is waiting for his promotional contract with Gary Shaw to expire before returning to the ring.

The born-again Judah will present a stiff enough test for Khan to have re-hired the physical trainer from whom he separated recently.

Alex Ariza has quickly replaced one-fight replacement Michael Gove even though his split with Khan came down to a financial dispute.

Ariza is the preferred medical science aide to master trainer Freddie Roach and as such works on the strength and diet of pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.

There is too much at stake – and potentially at risk – against Judah and the likes of Tim Bradley and Floyd Mayweather Jnr to follow - for Team Khan to be putting pounds sterling before perfect poundage from now.

Judah told The Sun: ''I got what I wanted, so I am happy. Now it's time to go to work. 'I've prayed so long for this fight with Khan to happen. Now we've signed I've got the chance to be an undisputed world champion at two weights.

Tough customer: The rebellious turned god-fearing Zab Judah is likely to provide a stern test for Khan
'I've done it at 147lb and now I will do it again at 140, starting with the title held by Khan. Whatever he brings to the ring I can deal with.

'He might not know it but he is about to become a former world champion. Amir wanted to fight Bradley first because he couldn't break an egg with his punches.' Khan hit back: 'I am better than him and I'll prove it in Vegas.'

Source: dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment