Friday 21 May 2010

Hatton would find Mayweather rematch hard to resist -- ESPN

ESPN staff

Ricky Hatton has revealed that a rematch against Floyd Mayweather Jnr would be hard to turn down as he contemplates coming back into the ring for one last fight.

Mayweather Jnr defeated Hatton via a tenth-round stoppage in 2007, having outclassed the Brit with a tactically astute display of counter-punching.

Hatton has fought only three times since that bout - most recently in his loss to Manny Pacquiao a year ago. The bout against the Filipino is expected to be remembered as the last of Hatton's career, although he is not ruling out a return to the ring if the hunger returns.

The Hitman: My StoryNow Hatton has revealed that Mayweather Jnr is one of few men who could coax him into re-lacing his gloves. "If there was one fight to come back for it would be Mayweather," said the former two-weight world champion to the Manchester Evening News.

"He's the one. Even after he beat me I thought he still showed me no respect. I'd like another pop at him if I had my choice."

If a Mayweather fight does not materialise, Hatton insists that he is happy to concentrate on his burgeoning promotion business.

"I'm enjoying what I'm doing and I don't have a desire to come back at the minute," he admitted. "That doesn't mean I won't in a few months time. I won't make a comeback until I've got the bit between my teeth and I'm 100 percent again."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd

Source: espn.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment