Friday 16 April 2010

Zbik vs Spada II This Saturday In Germany -- Eastside Boxing

Eastside Boxing

WBC #2 rated middleweight Domenico “Vulcano” Spada (30-2, 15 KOs) says he can’t wait to tear into WBC interim champion Sebastian Zbik (28-0, 10 KOs) on Saturday night in Magdeburg. Last July, in a fight for the vacant WBC belt, Zbik narrowly won by scores of 115-114 on all cards. Spada told boxing.de that this time he won’t leave it in the judges’ hands.

The Domenico Spada-Sebastian Zbik rematch is Saturday. Are you happy about it?

“Of course. I very much hope that Sebastian will fight me. Last time, he only clinched and didn’t fight. He boxed like a woman. Be a man, Sebastian! I won last year at the Nurburgring. Not him. This is my belt. I’ll take it on Saturday to Italy! Sebastian, that’s my belt! .”

Why are you so agitated?

“Because it’s almost impossible to win on points in Germany. I must and will win by KO. My last fight in February, I won by first round knockout, so I can visualize it. We’ve seen what happens when Germans box abroad. In Italy I was the Italian television commentator for the Super Six tournament. Abraham clearly lost the fight against Dirrell and not only because of the disqualification. In Germany, he wouldn’t have been disqualified. That says everything. I’m very angry about my last fight against Sebastian. I deserved to win. He will feel this anger.”

Is it good to be angry in the ring?

“I am very angry, but still clear in my head. I’m not without rhyme or reason. I have been waiting much for my new opportunity. I don’t want to mess up. ”

Sebastian Zbik wasn’t at full strength due to an eardrum operation before the fight. Do you expect to see another Zbik in the ring?

“Each boxer has his ailments while preparing. Me too. Even in his last fight against De La Rosa, Zbik didn’t fight well in my eyes. He still held back. And he had nothing in his ear, or did he? He’s a good boxer, but that’s not enough. For me, it’s all just a big excuse. ”

You seem very motivated – what motivates you?

“The last fight against Zbik. And my family. I am happily married and have three sons. Angelo, Alessandro and Anthony. Anthony was born only a month ago. I’ll give them the WBA belt as a present when I see him on Saturday.”

WBC Interim champ Zbik fires back: "We’ll see on Saturday what his words are worth"

You and Domenico Spada were standing face to face for a while and exchanged some heated words during the public work out. What was this all about?

“He wanted to tell me he’s winning the fight and the belt is his. But it was very difficult to understand him and I had to correct his English once. In the end he can say what he wants. We’ll see on Saturday what his words are worth. Then I’ll show him his place. That he made a scene is a sign of insecurity.”

What will you make different in this fight?

“This is a completely different fight. I’m physically in a very different condition. I had an injury-free preparation without health problems. This is already a huge difference from the first fight. I’m assuming that I’ll go into the fight as a different fighter and produce a very different performance."

Is it a good or bad thing thing that you have already faced each other in the ring? Are you a fan of rematch fights?

“I have every reason to be optimistic, because previously I was in really disastrous shape and probably should have canceled the fight. But it was my first world title chance after five years and he couldn’t even beat me in that form. Now I’m in top shape and can go confidently into the fight."

Will you surprise Spada? Have you trained with something specific?

“I’ll stay true to my style and we have a very good plan. I must, of course, get through the early rounds, then the fight will go well for me I’m sure.”

WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik is also in action on Saturday, boxing against WBC jr middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. What are your thoughts about it?

“There should finally be clarity here. The boxing fans want to know who the best middleweight is. I want to finally get in there with Pavlik, and not be interim champion forever. I hope that after my fight with Spada the WBC or Pavlik finally takes the responsibility to make a mandatory defense. I’m ready in any case. I would also fight [IBF champion] Sebastian Sylvester or [WBA champion] Felix Sturm. Sebastian is already booked. Felix’ plans are unclear. I want to be the best in the division. I won’t duck anyone. But first I have Spada waiting on Saturday. This is the most important, for now.”

Source: eastsideboxing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment