Saturday 3 April 2010

Ruiz fires David Haye warning -- ESPN Star

ESPNStar.com

John Ruiz has warned David Haye that he is perfectly placed to regain his WBA world heavyweight title.

Victory over Haye at the MEN Arena on Saturday night would see Ruiz join all-time greats Muhammad Ali and Evander Holyfield in winning a portion of the title for a third time.

The 38-year-old American, who has held the WBA belt twice before, is ranked as the underdog but refuses to consider anything other than beginning a new reign as world champion.

"My family are always there for me - my brothers, my mother," he said.

"With support like that and my personal life going as beautifully as ever, I feel like I'm complete.

Becoming Holyfield: A Fighter's Journey"I feel like I'm on top of the world and that no one can knock me down. That's what I'm here to prove.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could win. There's no point thinking any other way, if I did then I'd go home.

"That's my personality. My personality is to go out and try and win every fight."

Ruiz, known as the 'Quietman', has earned respect this week for his professionalism and hopes his legacy to boxing will be his dignified conduct.

"Boxing is a business...maybe if I did more talking when I started I'd be a billionaire by now. Who knows? But that's who I am and I don't want to change it," he said.

"At the end of my career I want people to describe me as a proud fighter who brought honour to the sport.

"I've fought everyone in the world and take pride in that. I never stepped aside."

Source: espnstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment