Thursday 8 April 2010

I'll prove Haye's not the Real Deal -- The Sun

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN, The Sun

Evander Holyfield's Real Deal BoxingEVANDER HOLYFIELD wants to wreck David Haye's bid to become the undisputed heavyweight champion.

Haye views Holyfield as one of his heroes after following in the American's footsteps by dominating the cruiserweight division before moving up to trade blows with the big boys.

The Londoner has previously admitted he would prefer to see the Real Deal enjoying his retirement instead of boxing on at the age of 47.

But Holyfield, who fights Frans Botha for the minor WBF belt on Saturday, has WBA title-holder Haye firmly in his sights.

The four-time heavyweight champion said: "He has a belt and I want them all. I wish I could fight him right now."

Holyfield believes a win against Botha at the Thomas and Mack Centre in Las Vegas will move him a massive step closer to another world title shot.

And he is counting on Vegas being the lucky charm he needs to reignite his career.

The veteran said: "I'm happy to have the opportunity to fight in Las Vegas again because anything that ever worked for me happened here.

"I became the heavyweight champion here in 1990, 1993, 1996 and in 2000.

"Realistically, Vegas is a place that has given me the opportunity to be the person who I am.

"The fact of the matter is I've been driven by the things that people said I couldn't do.

"When you tell me I can't do something, that sets a fire under me to prove that I can.

"My only goal has always been to be the undisputed heavyweight champion."

Source: thesun.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment