Tuesday 2 March 2010

I'm so good I know I'll win -- The Sun

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN, The Sun

FLOYD MAYWEATHER claims he is so good he does not even need to watch his opponents in action before a fight.

Mayweather puts his undefeated record on the line against Shane Mosley in Las Vegas on May 1.

But Money insists his training regime will not include studying tapes of the 38-year-old's previous bouts.

He said: "I don't study my opponents, I just adjust and adapt once I get inside that squared circle.

"The ability that I'm blessed with is that I can work them out when I'm in there."

Mayweather returned to the ring last September after a two-year absence to outclass Juan Manuel Marquez in a unanimous points victory.

Fight fans are desperate to see him take on Manny Pacquiao but the 33-year-old claims his showdown with Mosley will keep them on the edge of their seats.

He added: "On May 1, two of the best welterweights of this era are meeting in a toe-to-toe battle — and you must watch it."

With 40 wins under his belt, Mayweather is widely regarded as one of the best fighters in the history of the sweet science.

A victory against Pacquiao would be the icing on the cake but the American insists he can live without the pound-for-pound king.

And he is adamant there is not a boxer on the face of the planet who can defeat him.

He said: "You put in the hard work in the boxing gym and mentally you are extremely strong.

"You try to keep your mind focused, be positive and know that you're going to be victorious."

Source: thesun.co.uk

***




No comments:

Post a Comment