Monday 22 March 2010

Female boxing sickens Klitschko -- Edmonton Journal

The Edmonton Journal

World heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko admitted on Sunday he is against women boxing at the Olympics, claiming the spectacle makes him sick.

The International Olympic Committee announced last August that women's boxing will be included on the list of events for London in 2012, but Klitschko said he will not be watching.

"This sport is appropriate for men, but not for women," the Ukrainian told Die Welt newspaper.

"I hope that women will not take it badly, perhaps I am old or conservative, but I consider there are sports much more beautiful for women than boxing," he added.

"When I see two women face to face in a boxing ring, it makes me feel nausea. I am not really a fan female boxing."

Klitschko, who retained his title by knocking out U.S. challenger Eddie Chambers on Saturday, will defend his crown next against Poland's Albert Sosnowski in Gelsenkirchen on May 29.

© Copyright (c) The Edmonton Journal

Source: edmontonjournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment