Monday 22 February 2010

Jerry Jones: I want Cowboys Stadium to be the 'Madison Square Garden' of boxing -- Dallas Morning News

By Mark Francescutti, Dallas Morning News

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently talked about the Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey fight at Cowboys Stadium on March 13 to ESPN Radio:

Some highlights:

"I spent two days in Mexico. They are such huge boxing fans, the biggest boxing fans in the world today are Mexican sports fans. That aligns beautifully with our fans, with what we want to do with the Dallas Cowboys. I was still heart-broke over not getting to play in the (NFC) championship game, but there I was, talking it up because I know what boxing might could mean to our stadium.

"We'll drop (the Stadium big screen) down probably another 25, 30 feet for the fight. I could envision some classic fights annually. ... I really think that we could be really be a special place to fight. ... Maybe we could be like Madison Square Garden when it comes to boxing."

Source: cowboysblog.dallasnews.com

***




No comments:

Post a Comment