Tuesday 2 February 2010

David Haye blasts 'boring' Ruiz ahead of title fight -- ESPN

ESPN.co.uk

David Haye has launched an attack on April opponent John Ruiz, claiming that no-one wants to fight the 'boring' Puerto Rican. The 29-year-old also guaranteed he will defend his WBA heavyweight title when the two meet at the M.E.N Arena.

"Ruiz is a dull guy and perhaps so boring even I won't be able to trash talk him," Haye said. "He has no personality and that is reflected in his marketability.

"Nobody wants him. He is a two-time world heavyweight champion that nobody wants to fight.

"But he will be good for me. I can be more gung-ho against him. I can do my usual stuff and it will come off."

Ruiz has refused to rise to Haye's incendiary comments, insisting that that he finds himself in the ideal circumstances to win a third heavyweight belt. "I've never felt so calm and comfortable," he told Primera Hora.

"I have a new trainer, a new promoter and another chance to become world champion. My style is perfect to beat Haye.

"I have to be aggressive. I've studied him a little and I know how to beat Haye."

Source: espn.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment