Sunday 28 February 2010

8CN Exclusive: Alex Ariza -- 8CountNews

By Brad Cooney, 8CountNews.com

8CountNews caught up with Pacquiao conditioning coach Alex Ariza. The big fight is coming up on March, 13th just a few weeks from now. 8CN got Ariza's thoughts on Manny's progress thus far in camp. Ariza also shares with us his prediction of the outcome of this fight. Check out what else one of the best conditioning coaches in the world had to say.

8CN - Alex, how is Manny looking so far in camp?

AR - I think we are right on schedule, maybe even a little ahead of it. He looks great, the weight is great, the conditioning is great. He boxed really well today so I think we are right on.

8CN - So you feel good about where Manny is so far?

AR - Oh yes, I think we are right on. I think if we were going to fight Clottey this Saturday we would be ready to go.

8CN - Is there anything that you do in preparing Manny differently in this camp as opposed to other camps?

AR - No pretty much the same thing, but with one exception. Clottey is strong so that's my biggest concern. We focused a little more on strength training. The physical punishment Manny might take is my biggest concern. Clottey is so much bigger, but we will have Manny ready for whatever comes his way.

8CN - Are you happy with Manny's focus? There seems to be good focus so far.

AR - I am not a big fan of LA training because of all of the people here. I thought we had a good camp in the Philippines last fight. Manny trained well over there, but he looks good over here too!

8CN - Do you have any predictons for us?

AR - I don't think Clottey will last 12 rounds. I think Clottey might just stop because he will get hit too much. I think Clottey will get tired of getting hit. If Manny moves the way he's been moving in sparring? I just don't see Clottey being able to take the beating that he is going to get.

Source: 8countnews.com

***




No comments:

Post a Comment