Friday 8 January 2010

Floyd Mayweather Jr. talks, says he's 'ready to fight.' -- Los Angeles Times

By Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times

Floyd Mayweather Jr. just released a prepared statement from his publicist about the collapsing negotiations between him and Manny Pacquiao, who were to fight March 13 in Las Vegas.

Here's what Mayweather says:

“Throughout this whole process, I have remained patient, but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them.

“First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao. I want to whip his punk [rear]. Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no-blood-testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected. I am still proposing the 14-day window, but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30-day cut-off. The truth is he just doesn’t want to take the tests.

‘In my opinion, it is Manny Pacquiao and his team who are denying the people a chance to see the biggest fight ever. I know the people will see through their smoke screens and lies. I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight.”

-- Lance Pugmire

Source: latimesblogs.latimes.com

1 comment:

  1. mayweather is oviously afraid! what else does he wants to proove? He's not the big guy here yet he's acting as if he's the one on top!!!

    ReplyDelete