Sunday 1 November 2009

Ricky Hatton reveals: I could just return to the ring alongside my brother Matthew

By Alex Montgomery, Mail Online

Ricky Hatton is refusing to rule out the possibility of making what would be a remarkable return to the ring.

Hatton is currently promoting his younger brother Matthew’s IBO world welterweight title fight against Lovemore Ndou, the South African champion, in Stoke on November 13.

And he made it clear he will ignore the experts who have advised him to retire, provided he recovers his hunger in the next few months.
Hatton, 31, who quit after losing to Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas six months ago, said: ‘Maybe I will make a comeback. If I get the bit between my teeth, if I find the hunger, then it is possible. Wouldn’t it be something if Matthew and myself were involved at the highest level in the future?

At the moment I am enjoying being a promoter and hopefully producing champions. Matthew taking the title would be a proud moment for us Hattons.’

Source: dailymail.co.uk




Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment