Thursday 15 October 2009

Abraham – Taylor: Just too many disadvantages for Jermain

By BoxingNewsWorld.blogspot.com

I will agree this time with many boxing experts on who will between Abraham and Taylor. I am also going to pick Arthur Abraham to win this fight.

I like Jermain Taylor but I just think that there are just too many factors against him in this fight. He just hasn’t look that good lately. He lost three of his last four fights, two by knock out. Kelly Pavlik knocked him out in the 7th round and Carl Froch put him out in 12.

Now, he is going to fight an aggressive fighter in his own turf, who has a staggering 80% knock-out percentage, and who is coming off from an impressive 10th round TKO win over Mahir Oral. Before that, Abraham devastatingly knocked out tough guy Edison Miranda in the 4th round. I just think that Abraham will be too much for him to handle.

I expect Abraham to be much stronger at 168 pounds. Moving up in weight is going to help him because he had trouble to make the middleweight limit in his last couple of fights.

Jermain Taylor’s only hope in this fight is to use his advantages in height and reach and stay away from Abraham’s striking distance by constantly moving and by utilizing his crisp jabs. The question is will he be able to stay away from Abraham’s power bombs for twelve long rounds. That I don’t know but his last few fights showed that he has a tendency to fade in the later rounds. If that will be case and if he opts to stay in the inside, then I think Abraham will break him down and knock him out.

If I have to say a prediction, I would say Abraham by knock out probably in the 7th or 8th round.

Marshall N. B.
Boxing Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment