Sunday 18 October 2009

Abraham – Taylor: Boxing experts’ pre-fight predictions were on the money

By BoxingNewsWorld.blogspot.com

After watching the Abraham – Taylor fight, I realized one thing: almost all boxing writers I had correspondence with know what they’re talking about when it comes to the sweet science.

After all, they got into this fistic game because they had knowledge.

None will then question their intellect. None will make queries about this knowledge. And none will ask them questions like “How the hell did you get your job, man?”

It would be smart for me, a novice boxing enthusiast, to keep asking them boxing-related questions. I just hope they don’t get tired answering.



Custom Search


-----

Jake Donovan – Boxing Scene

“I'm going with Abraham, by late stoppage or clear decision. I don't buy into Taylor's excuse of being ill-prepared for the Froch fight. He looked like the same fighter as has been the case throughout his career - start strong, run out of gas late. Stamina and confidence are his greatest issues. I don't see a trip to the lion's den (fighting Abraham in Germany) curing either scenario. Not to mention I just believe Abraham to be the better all-around fighter.”

***
Jake Donovan is the Managing Editor of BoxingScene.com and an award-winning member of the Boxing Writers Association of America.

-----

Chris Parry – Vancouver Sun

“Taylor's a big time fighter on the downward slope while Arthur is a man on the rise who has KTFO'ed a string of non-big name opponents as IBF champ. I see this as Arthur's coming out party and though Taylor may dominate early, it'll only take one shot to announce Arthur as legit stateside.”




Paul H. Burbridge – East Side Boxing

“Abraham all the way. Too much of everything going in to this match and I believe he will win by late round KO!”

-----

Chris Robinson – Examiner (Miami Boxing Examiner)

“I think Taylor will start fast and eventually fade, allowing Abraham to turn the tide of the fight and score a late stoppage.”

-----

Doveed Linder – Boxing Talk

“This is a very tough fight to call. Jermain Taylor has faced the tougher opposition, he's a better athlete, and I think he has better technical skills. But I believe he runs out of gas because of anxiety issues and I don't think he has had time to re-adjust and learn to relax since his fight with Froch. For this reason, I pick Abraham to stop him late. But it wouldn't surprise me if Taylor won a decision or even stopped him somewhere along the way.”

-----

Darren Nichols – Boxing Talk

“Luster is off Taylor, Arthur will shine. Arthur by late KO.”

-----

Michael Rosenthal – Ring Magazine

“I think Abraham beats Taylor. Taylor can give Abraham some trouble with his boxing ability but Abraham is also a good boxer -- he has excellent defensive skills -- and is much tougher than Taylor. Abraham will wear down Taylor and win by late KO or decision.”

***
Michael Rosenthal is an associate editor of The Ring magazine and also covers boxing for Yahoo Sports. He used to write for the San Diego Union-Tribune.

-----

Marshall N. B.
Boxing Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment